Contact, FAQ's & Rental Agreement
765 N. Lapeer Rd.
Oxford, MI 48371
* Please call us for Check Mailing Address
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What time do you deliver?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental delivers from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., generally 1-2 days before the event. This gives you time for set up and decorating before your special event. Pick up from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. is generally 1-2 days after the event. This allows for proper clean-up and organization of the items. We will call approx. 1 week prior to your event in order to narrow the delivery and pick–up times and days. Additional charges may apply if it does not fall within our standard delivery hours.
Do your driver's set-up the equipment?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental staff is happy to set up and tear down all tents, moonwalks, and heavy equipment which is included in our delivery charge. There is an additional charge to set up tables and chairs. It is not recommended to set up chairs until the day of your party (to avoid the morning dew...and potential of getting dirty.)
- Delivery charges vary upon location and difficulty of tent. Local delivery is $38. Delivery between 10-15 miles is $58, 16-20 miles is $78, 21-30 miles is $98. Tents 40x40 and larger have a delivery/setup/pickup charge of $175- $500 depending on installation. We do not set up or breakdown tables and chairs, nor place linens on any tables and chairs. If you want the drivers to do that, please make the request ahead of time. There is an additional charge. For pick-up, please have all equipment cleaned thoroughly and stacked as delivered on dollies with straps provided and placed a dry location under tent in order to avoid the additional cleaning & breakdown charges. Cleaning of party food machines is an additional $25/ machine. Note , we do not accept any food back, opened or unopened for sanitary reasons.
Is there a Minimum Order?
- Our minimum LOCAL (10 mile radius) product order is $125. The Over 10 mile minimum product order is $250. Please contact our office for details.
How do I know how many people I can accommodate?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental event coordinators will be glad to visit with you and review your site in preparation for your event. Our cost is $100 per site visit. We offer event design layouts also for $100, to help you visualize your event set up. Both are included free with your confirmed order.
What type of linen do you carry?
- We specialize in gorgeous spandex linens, undertable lighting, and chair covers. However we also have cotton linens as well. Please check our linen page. Linens myust be ordered no later than 2 weeks prior to delivery.
- You do not have to wash the linens however please shake off any decorations and food prior to pick-up. Do NOT put them in plastic bags... they mildew and get permanently damaged.
- Damaged linens will have to be replaced at new linen purchase price - candle wax, ink, burns, cuts, etc. are considered permanent damage.
- Wipe Down, Breakdown and Restack tables and chairs prior to pickup
- It is up to the drivers discretion if he feels the items were not stacked or cleaned properly. Additional charges may apply.
What if something gets broken?
Knights Tent & Party Rental offers a Damage Waiver with every order. We will add this to your order. If you do not want this, please let us know. You have the opportunity to decline the waiver at delivery. This waiver protects you from accidental damage to the equipment. The full replacement is required if the equipment gets damaged, misplaced or broken from non-careful or non-intended use. Keep equipment clean and dry.
How do I pay?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental requires a credit card on file for reservation and a non- refundable deposit of $200. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required for orders over $1000 with 50% to be paid no less than 3 months prior to event & 100% to be paid no less than 3 weeks prior to event. We will call approximately 1 week prior to your event to confirm delivery and provide you with an opportunity to make any additions if available. Deletions to orders must be made no less that 6 weeks prior to event date so that we can have the opportunity to rent those items. Your order will be confirmed by email. Payment-In-Full for orders under $1000 must be received by check no less than 1 week prior to delivery or by credit card.
- Mail to:
- KNIGHTS TENT & PARTY RENTAL PO BOX 396 LAKE ORION, MI 48361-0396
- Cash, Cashiers Checks, Money Orders are also accepted at delivery (no personal checks). If we do not receive payment upon delivery, the credit card provided at the time of your reservation will be charged prior to set-up. There is an additional charge of $100 for site inspection and $100 for layout design, however this is included free with your order. If the order gets cancelled after these services have been provided, the account will be charged $200. The deposit is non-refundable.
Can I get the items early in order to decorate?
- Knights Tent & Party Rental will generally set-up 1-2 days before your event. This gives you time for set up and decorating before your special event. We will call you approx. 1 week prior to your event in order to narrow the delivery and pick–up times and days. Make your request at reservation so we can plan deliveries properly.
When should I make a reservation?
- The earlier the better! Popular weekends do fill quickly.
Is there an after hours number in case of emergency?
- Knight Tent & Party Rental offers a 24 hour, 7 day a week on call service for clients with current orders. We are here for you!
RENTAL AGREEMENT CONTRACT
- Lessee acknowledges receipt of the herein described personal property. Both parties agree that the property was inspected by the Lessor and personally examined by the Lessee at the time of delivery to and accepted by the Lessee and that the property was in good and serviceable condition.
- Title to the rented property is and at all times shall remain in the Lessor. Only the parties hereto and those other persons whose names are listed on the reverse side, are authorized to use the property and Lessee will not permit the property to be used by any other person or at any other address other than the address designated on the reverse side with out the expressed consent of the Lessor.
- The parties agree that the Lessor is not the manufacturer of said property nor the agent of the manufacturer and that no warranty is given against evident or hidden defects in material, workmanship or capacity.
- In the event that the rental property becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, Lessee agrees to immediately discontinue use and promptly return to the Lessor. If the condition is not the fault of the Lessee, the Lessor shall replace it with property of like kind in good working order.
- At the termination of this agreement, the Lessee will promptly return the rented property and all its parts and attachments, to the Lessor’s place of business. It is to be in the same condition as it was received, ordinary wear and tear excepted. The Lessee agrees to pay for any damage to the property or loss of its parts or attachments, while in his possession or control. Should collection or litigation become necessary to collect damage and or loss, Lessee agrees to pay all collection charges, including reasonable attorney’s fees and court cost.
- Lessor shall not be liable to Lessee for any loss, delay or damage of any kind resulting from defects or inefficiency of the rented property or accidental breakage.
- Lessee agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Lessor against all loss, damage, expense and penalty arising from any action on account of any injury to person or property occasioned by the operation, handling or transportation of the leased property during the rental period or while the property is in possession or control of the Lessee.
- Lessee will give Lessor immediate notice of any levy attempted upon the rental property, or if the property for any cause becomes liable to seizure, and indemnify Lessor against all loss and damages caused by such action including Lessor’s reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses.
- Lessee will not retain the rental property beyond the “Due In” time without prior notice to and the consent of the Lessor. Lessee will pay rental price in advance or with prior agreement with Lessor immediately upon return of the property. Should collection or litigation become necessary, Lessee agrees to pay all collection charges, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs.
- At Lessor’s sole discretion, all charges may revert to the daily rate if any monthly statement or invoice is not promptly paid. Lessor will not make a refund on any items out over thirty (30) minutes. Lessor, may at his sole discretion, report the rental property stolen if held five (5) days beyond “Due In” date.
- Lessee waives and releases Lessor from all claims for injuries or damages to Lessee arising out of the use of the rental property by Lessee.
- If you pay the damage waiver charge (DWC) as specified, subject to the limitations and exclusions below, Lessor agrees to modify the terms of this contract and relieve you of liability for accidental damage to the rented item(s) on this contract, and loss due to fire, collision, windstorm, upset and riot. We exclude from this waiver, however, any loss or damage due to theft, burglary, misuse or abuse, theft by conversion, intentional damage, mysterious disappearance or other loss due to your failure to care for the rented item(s) as a prudent man would his own property, such as proper lubrication. In addition, if the item(s) rented is a truck, you are not relieved of liability of accidental damage to the truck container (box) caused by striking a stationary object. If any such loss tends to indicate a crime may have been committed, a further condition of this waiver is that you must file a report to the proper law enforcement authorities and furnish us with a copy. In addition, if you have insurance for the loss or damage, you shall exercise, and shall empower us to exercise, all your rights to obtain recovery under insurance, shall cooperate with Lessor to obtain recovery and all insurance proceeds shall be given or assigned to the Lessor.
- Lessee agrees that should any paragraph or provision violate law and is unenforceable, the rest of the agreement will be valid.